Thousands of buildings are abandoned to ruin and decay throughout Greece. Photograph them and submit five color photos to MONUMENTA’s photo contest so we can bring to light Greece’s architectural wealth in danger and to protect our cultural heritage!
Buildings of all types in cities, towns and villages, built between 1830 and 1970, including buildings located in older settlements.
Submissions accepted between: 4 April - December 16, 2016
Results announced on: January 10, 2017
1. The competition is open to all: Greek, non-Greek, resident and non-resident.
2. Each contestant may submit up to five photographs of a single building: two photographs of the building in its entirety, two photographs showing details of the building, and one free-themed photograph (abstract, night, etc.).
3. The photographs that record the building in its entirety must be of good quality (sharp, correctly exposed, etc.), have a documentary character (showing the subject clearly and with minimum distortion) and be carefully framed.
4. The size of the photos should be no more than 3 MB and dimensions a minimum of 2500 pixels (on longest dimension) at 150 PPI. Files should be sent in highest quality JPEG format.
The following information must be submitted along with the photographs in a Word document or equivalent:
• First and Last name;
• Street, town/city and region of building;
• Any known historic information about the building.
5. Photographs must be sent via email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Photographs should be named as follows: Last name, first two letters of the first name, followed by a description (Gen=General, Lept=Detail, El=Free theme). For example:
There will be three top prizes and 7 runners-up who will be awarded with books. All projects will be featured in a publication and a photography exhibition.
Participation in the competition automatically implies the unconditional acceptance by the participants of all the terms of the contract notice.
Participants grant MONUMENTA the right to use their photographs for publication and exhibition under the condition that they are always credited where possible. Any commercial use of the photographs by MONUMENTA is prohibited.
Partners of MONUMENTA are eligible to participate in the contest but will not be considered for any awards.
Supporters: MELISSA PUBLISHING HOUSE, ΜΝΗΜΕΙΟΤΕΧΝΙΚΗ ΕΠΕ, ΔΑΛΚΑΦΟΥΚΗΟΙΚΟS παραδοσιακά δομικά υλικά