The Botanical Garden of Stavroupoli and the Photography Center of Thessaloniki, aiming at highlighting the importance of the urban green and raising environmental awareness among citizens, have organised a photography contest with the subject «Green spaces».
Specially, in the dense-structured cities, where the cement, the asphalt and the cars dominate everywhere, small and big interferences of green, small and big parks, serried rows of trees planted in the pavements, roof gardens, balkons with plants in contrast with the absolute cement, compose the basic subjects, which the contestants professional or amateurs are invited to impress with their personal look.
No technical, colour or other limitations are set by the organizing committee.
Terms of the contest
● Participation in the contest is free. Any professional or amateur photographer may submit photographs, with no discrimination whatsoever.
● Any interested individual may enter the contest with a portfolio, single photographs or a series of photographs.
● All images should be submitted (by post or in person) only at the following address:
Botanical Garden of Stavroupoli
Pericleous – Olympou – K. Konstantinidi
(To the attention of: Photography Contest)
Submission deadline: 1-03-2008 (postmark)
● The jury panel shall consist of three members: Mr. Dimitrios Paschalidis, Vice-Mayor of the Stavroupoli Municipality in charge of Cultural Affairs, one accomplished photographer, and Mr. Yannis Tsalikidis, Professor of Landscape Architecture, Faculty of Agronomy, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
● The judgement of the jury panel shall be final. No objection or other claim shall be accepted.
● Each photograph must be printed on paper size of at least 20×25 cm. At the back of each photograph (even if it is part of a series) the following information should be written: title of the photograph (if any); location where the photograph was taken; the photographer’s full name, address, phone number and e-mail address (if any).
Languages: Greek, English, German.
● The submitted material shall not be returned.
● The images to be selected by the jury panel shall become the main part of a large photography exhibition to be initially presented at the exhibition premises of the Stavroupoli Municipality, and subsequently in other locations inside and outside Greece.
● The first exhibition of the photographs shall begin at 1st May 2008.
● The expenses for the exhibition of the images (in Stavroupoli as well as in the other locations inside and outside Greece) shall be borne by the organizer.
● At least 60 of the prize-winning photographs of the exhibition shall be included in a luxurious catalogue / album, which shall be sent to all prize-winning photographers.
● 13 of the photographs shall be included in a 2008 calendar to be published by the Botanical Garden of the Stavroupoli Municipality.
● Additional prizes shall be announced very shortly. The prizes shall be awarded at a special ceremony.
● The contest results shall be announced on the Internet and made known to all participants.
● The copyright of the catalogue and calendar belongs to the Botanical Garden of Stavroupoli. The copyright of the individual photographs belongs to the respective photographers.
● All works may be used to publicize the contest and its goals in any medium and in any manner. The contest participants are not entitled to any remuneration whatsoever.
● Participation in the contest means the unconditional acceptance of all terms referred to above.
For more information: +2310600717