|English Colonial Architecture in the late 19th century: The Agricultural-Industrial and Residential Complex in Aliartos of Boeotia|
|Ifigeneia Psarra, architect|
The agricultural-industrial complex in Aliartos of Boeotia was built in the late 19th and early 20th century by the English company Lake Copais Co Ltd, which had been established in the region in order to drain lake Copais. This article focuses on the architectural analysis of the company’s administrative residential complex and especially on the luxurious General Manager’s Residence.
|Τhe factory of the Greek wool industry in Patisia|
|Nikos Stamos, architect|
The factory of Greek wool of Patisia is a protected building from 1999 and a sample of our industrial heritage. Its dominant, longitudinal, old weaving mill is visible to train passengers. Apart from being a landmark of the area, the complex can be evolved as a cultural center with hyper local importance.
|The Athens Tobacco Factory|
|Maria Daniil, architect MSc N.T.U.A.|
The Athens Tobacco Factory, a monument for modern industrial heritage, has left even today unexploited its records and a part of its industrial equipment, the relics of a former intense industrial activity. It was built between 1928-30 and preserved its function until 1997, while since 1938 it has also been housing various services of the Public sector.
|The Factory of Andros island |
|Maria Tsipoura, Architect|
Msc Conservation & Restoration of Historic Buildings
The Embiricos Mill is an important industrial installation in a rural landscape. With this factory, flour production on the island passed from preindustrial to industrial scale. The abandonment since the '40s has brought about the devalorisation of the buildings and the surroundings while the restricted access has kept the complex in obscurity.
|The Early Industrial Installations of Magnesite processing in the Northern-Central Euboea (1890-1940) |
|Angeliki Chrysanthi, Archaeologist MSc, PhD c. University of Southampton |
The fact that the northern-central part of Euboea is an area with spare deposits of magnesite, led to an intensive industrial activity in the region from the late 19th until the 20th century. This article presents the remains of this activity, few of which are declared as industrial monuments and refers also to the protection and management regime of these sites.
|Anna Pasia, architect-restorator|
|Restoration and rehabilitation of a soap factory in Plomari, Lesvos|
The soap factory Xypteras is located in the coastal road of Plomari city, at the district known as “shipyard”. It was built between 1860-1880 as a floor mill and during the years, it was converted into a three-story soap factory. The building was purchased in 2008 by the Municipality of Plomari with the aim to host the "Museum of Maritime and Shipbuilding Tradition of the Aegean”.
|The industrial heritage of Dodecanissa|
|Mika Michalaki, architect|
The industrial heritage of the Dodecanese is of a great interest. It's historical context, it's building capacity, it's industrial zones and their transformation, as well as the reintegration some of them in the current urban web, are indisputably crucial issues of study, protection, management and preservation.
|Porter’s lodge building at the entrance to the main gallery of Serpieri No1 Shaft in Camaresa.|
|Alkis Pappas, architect, MSc N.T.U.A.|
The French Company porter’s lodge is a stone built construction at the entrance to the main gallery of Serpieri No1 Shaft in Camaresa. Both the building and the gallery constitute evidence of the miners’ hard everyday life. Although they are testimonies of the latest period of extracting industry in Lavreotiki, they remain abandoned to their fate.